Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Chuck Williams, BB1, hopes to out race Cancer, get back on the racetrack and win

1983
Talked to Chuck, BB1, today, he took another punch from the process. "The frustration of dealing with red tape is the worst part of the process so far,"  he said. "the Paperwork, the questions, the different admin people reminding me of my dire situation, it's @#%&4#."

I asked him if he's able to rise above it and just do his life.  "I wake up in the morning," he said, it's a beautiful Spring day in Santa Barbara and I can't wait to get going. Then I remember I have Cancer. I forget everything and I wonder if it's growing...and will I ever get my life back."

It's a daily struggle to keep his mind off his Cancer now. Chuck say's he plans to keep his May reservations at the new Las Vegas car racetrack, Speed Vegas. He still hopes he can buy the new racing Alfa Romeo 4C Spider and race on the track. But for now, he has no real control over his future. It's hard for him to trust that the insurance company will ever get the red tape finished so he can get into UCLA and have the tumor removed. 

"I don't want a liver transplant," he said, "I just want them to take the tumor out.".

Stay tuned as BB1 is in the Ring with Cancer.

1 comment: